1. Albedo is decreasing because glaciers are melting for the first time in thousands of years.
2. Albedo is increasing because contrails reflect light.
Experimentation has shown that 1 is more significant than 2.
3. Carbon dioxide emissions continue.
4. Carbon dioxide sinks (algae in the ocean, for example) are becoming saturated
5. Glaciers, as they melt, are releasing methane.
Given these facts, unless you have found some magical stash of planetary coolant, I'd say our Toyota may have run out of gas, but I see a cliff right ahead, so it's liable to pick up speed on the way down. An argument I heard against global warming 15 years ago was, "The Earth will take care of itself." It will, but it doesn't have any special concern for humans.
Before you go bashing science in the media, best check with a real scientist or two to find out how science is really done.